KS2 Teacher - Primary Phase
- Salary: MPS/UPS
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Hours: Full-Time
- Closing Date: 27 February 2019
Our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children will be reflected throughout the recruitment process and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Job Listing Summary
This is an exciting opportunity to join the primary phase of a growing through-academy with a highly supportive staff team. We are looking for an exceptional teacher to join us in just having received an Ofsted Good judgement in January 2019.
Berryfields Church of England Primary School opened as part of the Aylesbury Vale Academy in September 2013 and we now have children in all year groups from Nursery to Year 6. We are highly aspirational for our pupils and our distinctive story-telling curriculum and focus on creativity enables our pupils to make very good progress.
This is a school on the march having moved from inadequate to good in two years and we are ambitious to achieve even greater things.
As a Church of England School and as part of the Aylesbury Vale Academy, we are sponsored by the Oxford Diocese and have community facilities and a children’s centre on site. A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children is essential and we expect all our staff to share our desire to serve the people of Berryfields and to help build a community that enables our children and their families to be the very best they can.
About the Role
We are looking for an inspirational teacher to be responsible for a Key Stage 2 class. You will be responsible for ensuring that the curriculum is challenging and engaging and helps our pupils make excellent progress towards year group expectations and transition towards the next key stage.
The post provides:-
- High levels of mentoring and support for newly qualified teaches and those in the early stages of their career.
- Opportunities to develop pedagogy and leadership skills by working closely with colleagues and school leaders on the continuing growth and development of the school; by cross-phase working within the primary school and with the secondary school and by partnership working with other local schools.
- A commitment to professional development and scope for career progression as the school grows and as new roles emerge.
- A pleasant working environment with high quality resources and well planned provision, working within a supportive and collaborative team; a state of the arty gym available for staff use and a 5 minute walk to a direct rail link to London Marylebone (40 minutes).
The post is suitable for newly qualified teachers, those in the early stages of their career and for candidates with more experience. You should have recent experience of teaching or training in the EYFS and may have experience of other key stages. If you are a creative and reflective practitioner with high expectations for children’s achievement, if you believe in working together to make a real difference for the next generation, if you are looking for a new challenge and want to be part of something special, then we would love to meet you and find out more about you.
The deadline for applications is 27 February 2019.
Please contact the Headteacher, Sarah Luton for more information or to arrange a visit email berryfields email@example.com. Telephone 01296 674263.
Positively welcoming applications from all parts of the community.