LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT
Bucks Pay Range 1 Point 6 to 10 - £18,522 to £19,448 Full-time Equivalent
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Hours: 33.75 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Are you interested in working in a classroom setting with students in a ‘Good’ school and one that continues to improve at a significant rate?
We are looking to appoint a creative, knowledgeable and enthusiastic Learning Support Assistants to join the SEN (Special Educational Needs) Department in either the primary or secondary phase of Aylesbury Vale Academy. Previous experience is desirable, but not essential and applicants must have a willingness to undertake any additional training as
Applicants must have a GCSE in English and maths (at least a C Grade) or an equivalent qualification. Flexibility in your approach, resilience, good listening and communication skills, having a positive attitude to young people and good organisational skills are required. We will offer you:
- Large free car park
- Five minutes’ walk to the train station (direct train to London Marylebone in 40 minutes)
- 30 minutes to Bicester shopping village
- Priority admissions for school staff
- 10% discount on pre-school places
- 10% discount on Primary wraparound care
- 25% discount on the use of the Lettings facilities (sport pitches, sports hall, drama studios, Community suite, party rooms)
- State of the art gym for staff use
- Access to Local Government Pension Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Free employee assistance programme – 24/7 phone line for free emotional, bereavement and financial concerns
- Discount at local coffee shop
- Free hot drinks in the staff room. We love our Wellbeing Wednesdays, where we offer free pastries/cookies to all staff!
CVs will only be considered if they are accompanied by a completed application form which can be downloaded from the school’s website or Buckinghamshire Council website.
Our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children will be reflected throughout the recruitment process and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and an online screening check. We also carry out enhanced DBS checks every five years.
We have the right to withdraw this advert before the closing date if we have received a large response.
Application forms to be sent to Mrs E Perrin, HR Manager at email@example.com