LSA - Range 2
Learning Support Assistant
Salary: Bucks Pay Range 2 Point 11 to 15 - £19,467 to £21,879 FTE
- Contract type: Permanent - 33.25 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
- Hours of work: 33.25 hours per week
- Start date: January 2021
- Closing Date: Noon, Friday, 27 November 2020
Are you interested in working in a classroom setting with students in a ‘Good’ school and one that continues to improve at a significant rate?
We are looking to appoint a creative, knowledgeable and enthusiastic Learning Support Assistant to join the SEN (Special Educational Needs) Department in either the primary or secondary phase of Aylesbury Vale Academy. Previous experience is desirable, but not essential and applicants must have a willingness to undertake any additional training as appropriate.
Applicants must have a GCSE in English and maths (at least a C Grade) or an equivalent qualification. Flexibility in your approach, resilience, good listening and communication skills, having a positive attitude to young people and good organisational skills are required.
We will offer you:
- Results above the national average and improving rapidly
- A well-resourced school with strong line management
- Personalised, supportive Continuing Professional Development
- Support so that you can flourish and be the best you can possibly be, whichever stage in your career
- Strong collegiate atmosphere
- Supporting and thorough induction programme for new staff
- Outstanding specialist facilities in all rooms
- Strong Senior Leadership Team
- 5 minute walk to a direct rail link to Marylebone (40 minutes)
- State of the art gym available for staff use
CVs will only be considered if they are accompanied by a completed application form which can be downloaded from the school’s website or Buckinghamshire Council website.
Applicants should note that the school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure Check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).