Pastoral Support Officer - Primary Phase
- Salary: Bucks Pay Range 1 Point 6 to Bucks Pay Range 2 Point 15 (£17,383 to £22,316) Full-time Equivalent
- Contract: Permanent
- Full-time/Part-time: 37 Hours Per Week, 39 Weeks Per Year
- Close Date: Noon, 22 October 2021
Are you interested in working in a ‘Good’ school and one that continues to improve at a significant rate?
We are looking to expand our Pastoral Team within the Primary Phase of Aylesbury Vale Academy. If you are enthusiastic, welcoming and dedicated and would like to work with individuals, small groups of children, parents/carers, professionals and stakeholders to ensure that pastoral care at Aylesbury Vale Academy is of the highest standard, then this may be the job for you.
Aylesbury Vale Academy Primary Phase is an over-subscribed school located in the heart of the Berryfields community. We educate children in all year groups from Preschool to Year 6 and then beyond into the Secondary Phase of the Academy. We are highly inspirational for our pupils and our distinctive, creating curriculum enables our pupils to make very good progress and highly attain
We are sponsored by the Oxford Diocese and have community facilities and a children’s centre on site. A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children is essential and we expect all our staff to share our desire to serve the people of Berryfields and to help build a community that enables our children and their families to be the very best they can be.
We will offer you:-
- High levels of support for someone new to the role and those who have previous experience in a similar position.
- Opportunities to train in First Aid and Administration.
- The opportunity to work in an ‘All Through’ setting.
- A commitment to professional development and scope for career progression in an all through setting as new roles emerge.
- A pleasant working environment with high quality resources, working within a supportive and collaborative team; a state of the art gym available for staff use and a five minute walk to a direct rail link to London Marylebone (40 minutes).
The post is suitable for those in the early stages of their career or for candidates with more experience. Experience of using school based IT systems is desirable, but not essential as training will be given. A good understanding of IT such as Office, Email and Excel is preferable.
If you are an organised and resilient individual, with high expectations for children’s achievement, if you belie in working together to make a real difference for the next generation, if you are looking for a new challenge and want to be part of something special, then we would love to meet you and find out more about you.
CVs will not be accepted unless they accompany a fully completed application form which can be downloaded from the Academy website or Buckinghamshire Council website.
Please contact the Headteacher, Mrs Baughan for more information or to arrange a visit, email email@example.com Telephone 01296 674263
Our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children will be reflected throughout the recruitment process and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.