We are currently taking applications for Post 16 to start in September 2018. Please complete our Post 16 Application Form and submit to main reception. Information about the courses we offer can be found in our Post 16 Information booklet.
WHAT MAKES SIXTH FORM GREAT AT THE AYLESBURY VALE ACADEMY?
- A purpose built academy on the rise with a small but growing sixth form.
- A sixth form where students are treated like adults.
- An average grade of Distinction* on Level 3 vocational courses putting us well above national average.
- Great links with local universities in Bucks.
- Great location with frequent bus services.
WHY STUDY AT THE AYLESBURY VALE ACADEMY?
- A range of intensive vocational courses including Media, Information Technology and Business Studies.
- Excellent, personalised student welfare.
- One to one support and guidance for the next stage in your education or future employment.
- Vocational courses which can get you directly into university, and higher apprenticeships.
- A comprehensive work experience programme.
- University and work placement visits to support your career and education choices.
- Excellent teachers and instructors with an excellent track record in the subjects they teach.
- Your own personal lap top for use while at the academy.
- A state of the art gym and weights room free to use.
- Excellent sports facilities.
Director of Post 16: Mr E Constantine-Cort
It has been a studious end to the year with Year 13 students finishing their courses. Students have been writing exams and completing the last pieces of coursework. We look forward to seeing some fantastic results! We have had a marked increase in students applying to further their studies at university or take on quality apprenticeships. I wish them all the best for the future.
Year 12 students have been raising money for charity as part of their BTEC Level 3 in Business Planning an Event unit. One team organised a World Cup Football Tournament for Year 7 & 8 students, a great time was had by the participants and provided an excellent learning opportunity for the organisers. Another group is currently in the process of providing a car wash service to staff at the academy. The students decided all the money raised from the events will go to Cancer Research.
Year 12 students were able to get to experience University during a visit to Bedford University as part of a UCAS exhibition. Students were able to see the facilities on offer as well as meet representatives from a range of Universities and Apprenticeship providers. The students felt they had benefited greatly from the visit as some are now considering pathways they had not considered previously.
During the last week of term Year 12 students will be taking part in Work Experience Week. This will give students the opportunity to experience the workplace and develop skills for employment. The experience is linked to their studies and their overall assessment. Students will be working for a range of local organisations.
Pastoral Support: Mrs L Freshwater
Post-16 Options booklet available to download here.