- Salary: To be negotiated
- Hours of Work: To be negotiated
- Start: January 2022
- Closing Date: Noon, 02 December 2021
Are you interested in working in a classroom setting with students in a ‘Good’ school and one that continues to improve at a significant rate?
We are looking to appoint an experienced Counsellor to expand our current provision. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for providing an outside and confidential counselling service for students aged between 11 and 18
The role will involve one to one therapeutic work with children and teenagers, covering a variety of emotional health issues in the secondary phase of the Academy.
This is a crucial role to add to existing pastoral and counselling provision. We are looking for a strong and emotionally intelligent communicator who will provide our students support in managing their own wellbeing.
The successful candidate will report to the Academy’s Designated Safeguarding Lead, liaise regularly with the Designated Safeguarding Lead, School Nurses and other professionals if deemed necessary and maintain appropriate records.
Experience with working in an educational environment would be preferable and a recognised counselling qualification is essential.
We will offer you:
- A well-resourced school with strong line management
- Personalised, supportive Continuing Professional Development Support so that you can flourish and be the best you can possibly be, whichever stage in your career
- Strong collegiate atmosphere
- Supporting and thorough induction programme for new staff
- Strong Senior Leadership Team
- 5 minute walk to a direct rail link to Marylebone (40 minutes)
- State of the art gym available for staff use
CVs will only be considered if they are accompanied by a completed application form which can be downloaded from the school’s website or Buckinghamshire Council website.
Applicants should note that the school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure Check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).