Full Time (52 weeks a year) 37.5 hours per week
Normal Working Hours: On a weekly rotation the school requires opening at 06:30hrs and closing often at 22:00hrs which is covered by the onsite team shift patterns to be covered by this role:
Early 06:30hrs - 14:30hrs
Late 14:00hrs – 22:00hrs Start date: As soon as possible
About the role
We are looking to recruit a caretaker to join a team of three. The role would ideally be suited to someone who is welcoming, friendly and has the practical ability to problem solve and use initiative, the main duties include, but not limited to:
- Day-to-day responsibility for the care of the school site, including opening and securing the site at the appropriate times
- Undertaking minor repairs and maintenance
- Assisting with fabric repairs and painting during school holidays
- Supporting the efficient operation of the school through for example porterage and furniture setting up
- Assisting with preparing for school events
- Daily plant room checks
- PPM’s such as tap temperatures etc
- Supervising/escorting contractors and the Freidman FM mobile support team
- First response to faults on site as they arise
The post holder will be a keyholder (open/close school and do basic H&S checks) and will undertake basic DIY / Handy person / Maintenance duties. This may include general maintenance of school and some basic DIY (putting up shelves or moving furniture) etc.
The site team plays an important part in school life, and the successful applicant will have a sense of pride in helping us maintain the environment. A good outgoing attitude is preferred as the team communicate with all levels of the school management and staff structure on a daily basis, so a positive attitude is very beneficial in this role.
To find out more about the role, please email:
Job Reference: AVA01
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The appointment will be subject to references which are satisfactory for the advertised post, an enhanced DBS check with a Child Barred List check, identity checks, prohibition orders and qualification checks as appropriate.