Teacher of Art (Maternity Cover)
- Main Scale/UPS
- Fixed Term Contract
- Hours: Full time - 32.5 hours per week
- Closing date for application: Noon, Monday 10 May 2021
In this rapidly expanding ‘Good’ school, we need an inspirational Art specialist to join our Art department from April or September for a full time maternity cover on a one year fixed term contract. With increasing student numbers, this post has the potential to become permanent.
This is not a job for the faint hearted as we drive towards becoming an ‘Outstanding’ school.
We are a highly supportive school with strong subject and senior leadership to help you develop. We are looking for a highly ambitious, committed and dynamic professional to join our Art department who is passionate about their subject, communicates well with young people and makes a positive impact on their learning. The Art department comprises of two other full time Art teachers, including a Curriculum Leader. The job would suit NQTs or a more experienced teacher. The ability to teach more than one subject would support candidates in securing a longer term position.
The planned expansion of the school will also provide opportunities for professional development as staff begin to take on positions of responsibility within their department or across the school.
The successful applicant will have a passion about learning, have strong inter-personal skills, be resilient, be an excellent teacher and have great subject knowledge including experience of a number of GCSE specifications. They will be able to deliver Art up to KS4 and deliver both GCSE Craft & Design and GCSE Fine Art. The successful candidate will be expected to help run after school art activities.
We will offer you:
- Results above the national average and improving rapidly
- A well-resourced department with bespoke art facilities and spaces
- Strong uptake of GCSE Art with a three-year Key Stage 4
- Personalised, supportive CPD so that you can flourish and be the best you can possibly be, at whichever stage in your career
- Strong collegiate atmosphere
- Supportive and thorough induction programme
- A primary school with discounted nursery provision for staff
- Strong SLT
- 5 minute walk to a direct rail link to London Marylebone (40 minutes)
- State of the art gym available for staff use
The Academy is at an exciting stage of development with an experienced Academy Principal. In Ofsted’s visit, January 2019, the school was judged ‘Good’ in all areas for the first time in the academy’s history.
Quotations from the recent Ofsted visit January 2019:
- “Outcomes have improved because of strong subject leadership.”
- “The behaviour of pupils is good. There is an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect across the school. Pupils’ conduct is calm and orderly.”
- “Staff morale is high. They believe that leaders and governors take staff members’ well-being and workload into account and they feel well supported by the school.”
- “Staff new to the school feel very well supported by their more experienced colleagues and the packages of training and support on offer.”
- “Comprehensive induction and training programmes offered by senior leaders and the link advisor ensure that they very quickly establish themselves in their posts.”
- “Pupils show a well-developed understanding and tolerance for others who are different from them. Tolerance and diversity are promoted well at Aylesbury Vale Academy.”
Consequently, results are now above the national average for the first time in the Academy’s history with a Progress 8 score of 0.20 for results in 2018-19.
The successful applicant will have a passion about learning, have strong inter-personal skills, be resilient, be an excellent teacher and have excellent subject knowledge relative to their experience.
The school is improving at a rapid pace and this is a career defining opportunity for those who can play a pivotal role in enhancing the life chances of children and young people. The Academy, sponsored by the Diocese of Oxford, moved into new purpose built accommodation in September 2013 and is benefitting from state of the art facilities and teaching. Situated on the new Berryfields housing development, the Academy (including the Primary School) is set to increase its roll in the new few years. There are currently 1600 students on role including almost 500 in the primary phase.
This page is currently awaiting content