Teacher of Geography
POST: Teacher of Geography
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent
START DATE: September 2020
In this rapidly expanding ‘Good’ school, we need an inspirational specialist to join our Geography department.
This is not a job for the faint hearted as we drive towards becoming an ‘Outstanding’ school.
We are a highly supportive school with strong subject and senior leadership to help you develop. We are looking for a highly ambitious, committed and dynamic professional to join our Geography department who is passionate about their subject, communicates well with young people and makes a positive impact on their learning.
The planned expansion of the school will also provide opportunities for professional development as staff begin to take on positions of responsibility within their department or across the school.
We will offer you:
- Results above the national average across the school
- A well-resourced and organised department with strong experienced Geography practitioner.
- Personalised, supportive CPD
- Support so that you can flourish and be the best you can possibly be, whichever stage in your career
- Strong collegiate atmosphere
- Supportive and thorough induction programme for new staff and NQTs
- A primary school with discounted nursery provision for staff
- Outstanding specialist facilities in all rooms
- 5 minute walk to a direct rail link to London Marylebone (40 minutes)
- State of the art gym available for staff use
The Academy is at an exciting stage of development with a highly experienced Executive Principal. In Ofsted’s visit, January 2019, the school was judged ‘Good’ in all areas for the first time in the academy’s history.
Quotations from the recent Ofsted visit January 2019:
- “The executive principal’s inspirational leadership has enabled a rapid improvement across all areas of the academy.”
- “Outcomes have improved because of strong subject leadership.”
- “The behaviour of pupils is good. There is an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect across the school. Pupils’ conduct is calm and orderly.”
- “Staff morale is high. They believe that leaders and governors take staff members’ well-being and workload into account and they feel well supported by the school.”
- “Staff new to the school feel very well supported by their more experienced colleagues and the packages of training and support on offer.”
- “Comprehensive induction and training programmes offered by senior leaders and the link advisor ensure that they very quickly establish themselves in their posts.”
- “Pupils show a well-developed understanding and tolerance for others who are different from them. Tolerance and diversity are promoted well at Aylesbury Vale Academy.”
Consequently, results are now at the national average for the first time in the Academy’s history with a Progress 8 score of 0.20.
The successful applicant will have a passion about learning, have strong inter-personal skills, be resilient, be an excellent teacher and have excellent subject knowledge relative to their experience.
The school is improving at a rapid pace and this is a career defining opportunity for those who can play a pivotal role in enhancing the life chances of children and young people. The Academy, sponsored by the Diocese of Oxford, moved into new purpose built accommodation in September 2013 and is benefitting from state of the art facilities and teaching. Situated on the new Berryfields housing development, the Academy (with Berryfields Primary School) is set to increase its roll in the new few years. There are currently 1431 students on role including over 400 in the primary phase.
For further information contact Mrs E Perrin at email@example.com or complete an application form (below).