- Primary Students»
- Primary Home Learning»
- Year 3 Home Learning»
- Week 14 - wc 22 June 2020»
Week 14 - wc 22 June 2020
Welcome Year 3 to Week 14!
We hope you are all well and are enjoying learning at home! Let us know what you get up to by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Booklets do not have to be printed out- the children can write their answers in their exercise books that were sent home or on a piece of paper. The work sent doesn’t have to be all completed, only complete what you can.
Read the Egyptian ebook. Explain to an adult what you have learnt from this book. Which was your favourite piece of information and why?
Task 1 – Instructions- Write a set of instructions about how to mummify a body. Include an introduction and conclusion. (use the Egyptians ebook to find information)
Task 2- Imagine you were a Pharaoh- what would be your most important rule? Write a persuasive paragraph telling us why your rule is so important and should be followed.
Task 3- Why was the river Nile so important to the Ancient Egyptians? Write a fact file/ poster explaining why. Use the ebook and your own research for information.
Task 4 – Poetry- write a poem about home schooling/lockdown/summer. This can be an acrostic or a rhyming poem.
Non printing activities
- Have a go on the maths games on Topmarks – Hit the button is good for times tables. https://www.topmarks.co.uk/Search.aspx?Subject=16
- Look around you, how many shapes can you find? Can you draw and name them all?
- We would like the children to continue the summer maths booklet sent last week, this covers many of the topics covered so far this year.
- Read through the information sheet about shapes and complete the 2 tasks attached.
Pixl Times Table App
I have been very impressed with some of the scores on the times table app so far! If you're not sure of your child's password please email the year 3 enquiries and we will send it to you. This is a great way to practice times tables which is a key skill to keep up
Continue learning about Ancient Egypt. Children to continue to work through each activity on the homework grid which focuses on different topics of Ancient Egypt.
Other activities -
- Canopic jars reading comprehension
- Crack the hieroglyphics activity sheet
https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/zwxhfg8 watch the different videos about music. Try out the quiz at the end!
Self-portraits- Create a self-portrait using any media. Send in your pictures!
BBC Bitesize have put some great lessons and activities together and have 20 minute daily videos covering Maths, Literacy and Topic. Find them at: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/primary
Stay safe and have fun!
The Year 3 team.