- Primary Students»
- Primary Home Learning»
- Nursery Home Learning»
- Week 15 - wc 29 June 2020»
Week 15 - wc 29 June 2020
Welcome Seahorse to Week 15!
I hope you’re all been having fun! It’s been lovely to see you exploring reptiles, mini beasts and self-help skills. Thank you for posting your lovely work via Evidence Me.
Remember to take a look at some of the stories that have been posted on the school website home learning, storytelling telling. Sharing stories together is a lovely experience.
This week I thought we would explore Mathematics learning through play...
This week we will concentrate on:
- Weight and capacity
- Shapes 2d and 3D
- Length and height
- Numbers 0-10
- Subtracting and adding
Remember Mathematics is everywhere and learning Maths can be fun especially if it’s taught through play.
- Can you go on a walk and look at the trees? How many are there? How many sticks can you find? Can you talk about sizes?
- Can you use junk modelling items for water play at bath time or in the paddling pool? Useful language prompts include; Can you fill it to the top? half way? Is it full or empty?
- Can you float and sink items in water, talk about weight and capacity?
- What 2d or 3d shapes can you make using natural resources? Can you make something with junk modelling and talk about 3D shapes?
- Can you count natural objects? Can you sort them into groups? Can you add and subtract using these objects?
- Can you read a map? What shapes can you see on the map? Are there any numbers on the map?Can you talk about distances? Maybe you could make your own map?
- Can you write numbers on a CD-ROM and hop scotch outside?
- Can you make a shape person, shape insects or a paper aeroplane?
- May be you might explore Soapy water, Fairy soup and measuring and pouring .
- You might explore counting and patterns.
- You might enjoy reading books about numbers .