- Primary Students»
- Primary Home Learning»
- Year 3 Home Learning»
- Week 15 - wc 29 June 2020»
Week 15 - wc 29 June 2020
Welcome Year 3 to Week 15!
We hope you are all well and are enjoying learning at home! Let us know what you get up to by emailing us at email@example.com
Booklets do not have to be printed out- the children can write their answers in their exercise books that were sent home or on a piece of paper. The work sent doesn’t have to be all completed, only complete what you can.
- The Old Railway Reading Comprehension
- The Magic City Reading Comprehension
For the next 2 weeks we are going to be working through a Literacy booklet using the Talk For Writing structure which we often use in school when learning new stories or writing structures. This is about a Jungle adventure where the children will be writing a diary entry, a poem and a non-chronological report.
Monday and Tuesday – Activities 1 and 2
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday- Activities 3, 4 and 5
Sticking to the jungle theme of our Literacy work, this week we would like you to draw pictures of animals in the jungle- think carefully about the size of the animals, trees and grass etc.
Non printing activities
- Using pencils, sticks/ any objects you can find- how many different shapes can you create (including 2D and 3D shapes)
- Complete these shape games on Topmarks https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/7-11-years/shape-position-and-movement
- Times tables and division colouring booklet- this is to work on over the next few weeks
- Properties of shape worksheets (Activities 1,2 and 3)
- Shape reasoning and problem solving worksheets
Pixl Times Table App
I have been very impressed with some of the scores on the times table app so far! If you're not sure of your child's password please email the year 3 enquiries and we will send it to you. This is a great way to practice times tables which is a key skill to keep up.
Continue learning about Ancient Egypt. Children to continue to work through each activity on the homework grid which focuses on different topics of Ancient Egypt.
Watch these videos about life in Ancient Egypt https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/class-clips-video/history-social-studies-ks2-tombs-in-ancient-egypt/zh276v4
BBC Bitesize have put some great lessons and activities together and have 20 minute daily videos covering Maths, Literacy and Topic. Find them at: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/primary
Stay safe and have fun!
The Year 3 team.