Week 16 - wc 6 July 2020
Welcome Year 3 to Week 16!
We can’t believe we are at week 16 already! We loved seeing some of you back in school on Wednesday as well as hearing about what you have all got up to through emails. We are so proud of how hard you have all been working!!
Let us know what you get up to by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Booklets do not have to be printed out- the children can write their answers in their exercise books that were sent home or on a piece of paper. The work sent doesn’t have to be all completed, only complete what you can.
On Tuesday it will be our transition day where you will be set some activities by your new Year 4 teachers. Activities for all year groups will be available on the school website accompanied by a video message from Mrs Baughan.
- Fiction revision mat
- Non fiction revision mat
- To celebrate nearly finishing Year 3(!) we would like you to start looking back and thinking about all the fantastic things that you have achieved this year. We would like you to write/draw about your top 5 proudest moments of year 3 and send them into us at email@example.com
- This week we are going to continue working through the Literacy booklet using the Talk For Writing structure which we often use in school when learning new stories or writing structures. This is about a Jungle adventure where the children will be writing a diary entry, a poem and a non-chronological report.
Monday and Tuesday – Activities 1 and 2
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday - Activities 3, 4 and 5
Non printing activities
- Create your own bar chart about anything you like. It could be how many different coloured cars drive past your house/ how tall each member of your house is etc
- Try out these activities https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/7-11-years/data-handling
- Watch this https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/z7rcwmn
- Times tables and division colouring booklet- continue to work through this (sent last week)
- Statistics workbook
- LKS2 statistics challenge cards
Pixl Times Table App
We have been very impressed with some of the scores on the times table app so far! If you're not sure of your child's password please email the year 3 enquiries and we will send it to you. This is a great way to practice times tables which is a key skill to keep up.
- Continue learning about Ancient Egypt. Children to continue to work through each activity on the homework grid which focuses on different topics of Ancient Egypt.
Why not try to mummify an apple! http://www.planet-science.com/categories/experiments/chemistry-chaos/2011/11/mummify-an-apple!.aspx
- Chocolate rocks
- Egg white and yolk
- Picking up an ice cube (see attached documents)
If you could write a letter to a year 2 entering year 3 what would you tell them? What skills would they need and what experiences would they have?
BBC Bitesize have put some great lessons and activities together and have 20 minute daily videos covering Maths, Literacy and Topic. Find them at: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/primary
Stay safe and have fun!
The Year 3 team.