- Primary Students»
- Primary Home Learning»
- Nursery Home Learning»
- Week 16 - wc 6 July 2020»
Week 16 - wc 6 July 2020
Welcome Seahorses to Week 16!
I hope you had a good week and avoided the showers!
This week I thought we would concentrate on Phase 1 Phonics Letter and Sounds.
Remember - letters and sounds are everywhere!
- Can you identify environmental sounds?
- Can you listen to the sounds indoors and outdoors?
- Can you record sounds and then play guess the correct sound?
- Can you listen to different types of music, loud and quiet?
- Can you play instruments quietly and loudly?
- Can you make instruments? What sounds can you make?
- Can you use your body to make sounds?
- Can you share stories together focussing on alliteration and rhyming?
- Can you look at the letters and words in the story?
- Can you read rhyming story’s, understanding and remembering words?
- Can you sing rhymes together and making sounds?
- Can you recognise familiar captions; logos, signs, familiar words and names?
- Can you write and match letters in fun ways?
Remember phonics are everywhere!
- Can you say a few phonic sounds and orally blend these sounds together?
Learning phonics and sounds throughout playing
I hope you have enjoyed exploring phase 1 phonics letters and sounds. Keep up the excellent work Seahorses and keep practising writing you’re name in fun ways. I am very proud of your achievements.
Fingers crossed for more sunshine ☀️
What sound do these animals make?
Miss Scrivener 😃