Week 7 - wc 4 May 2020
Welcome Year 3 to Week 7!
We hope you are all well and are enjoying learning at home!
Continue your diary of all the different things you get up to whilst at home (pictures/drawings/writing).
Please let us know what you are getting up to and are working on by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. It’s lovely to see what the children are achieving at home.
Booklets do not have to be printed out - the children can write their answers in their exercise books that were sent home or on a piece of paper. The work sent doesn’t have to be all completed, only complete what you can it is important to spend time as a family and playing too.
Create a reading diary of the books you have read. Write about what you like about the book, what are your favourite characters/parts? Who would you recommend it to?
There are lots of books being read by famous people online for example by David Walliams have a look- it’s great to read/listen to books in lots of different ways!
We would like children to continue to work through the time activities sent last week.
Times tables are an important skill to keep up, we would also like the children to practice their times tables and solve multiplication problems.
Non printing activities
- Children could create their own timetables songs or raps to perform- please send any of these in to us!
- Children could create their own word problems using objects from around the house eg 5 lots of 3 sweets.
- Children could work through PiXL app questions.
- BBC Teach times table games online click here.
Printing activities (below)
- Multiplication word problems – there are 3 levels to work through
- Multiplication word problems 2 - here you are working with higher numbers using the grid method to help solve them.
PiXL Times Table App
There has been a great increase in children using this app and lots of fantastic scores!
If you're not sure of your child's password please email the year 3 enquiries and we will send it to you.
Research a person/people of interest to you. Create a non-chronological report about them.
Begin to work through the Spring workbook
Time Capsule project
Can you create a poem about what you are getting up to on lockdown. Maybe you could create a time capsule to remember these interesting times. You could include a timetable of what you’re getting up to.
You could include photos of what you’re getting up to, drawings, letters etc, you could leave it to open in 10 years time!
Continue learning about Ancient Egypt. Children to continue to work through each activity on the homework grid which focuses on different topics of Ancient Egypt
Work through the videos about plants from bbc bitesize and create an information booklet all about plants.
Can you find any plants in your house/garden?
Other projects/ activities that children could do:
- Disney project - A selection of activities for different Disney films. Choose a film to watch and complete the activities for it! This was attached to last week's email.
- BBC Bitesize have put some great lessons and activities together and have 20 minute daily videos covering Maths, Literacy and Topic. Find them at: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/primary
- PE - Joe Wicks is doing a ‘live’ PE lesson on his Youtube channel every weekday at 9am- this could be a great way for children to start their day and is something they have done before at school. Oti Mabuse has also started some dance lessons on her Youtube channel too. There are lots of different ways to stay active at home- create your own obstacle courses/ workouts.
Stay safe and have fun!
The Year 3 team.