Year 5 Home Learning
Please find below links which take you to the Year 5 online learning.
These links contain videos to watch, along with activities to complete.
We would like one English, one Maths and one other (of your choice) to be completed each day whilst you are at home.
This is a 10-lesson unit looking at Biographical Writing. Work through the video for each lesson (one a day) and complete the activities as directed.
This is a 15-lesson unit exploring Place Value. Work through the video for each lesson (one a day) and complete the activities as directed.
This is a 6-lesson unit exploring Notable Scientists. Work through the video for each lesson and complete the activities as directed.
This half term, the Year 5 topic is Black History.
Using Kiddle (the children’s search engine), please complete your own research on:
- Slavery / abolishment of slavery
- Historical black figures (for example: Rosa Parks, Nelson Mandela, Barack Obama, Martin Luther King Jr)
- The Black Lives Matter movement
- Racism in football
- Please remember to read every day – try to read aloud to an adult and make sure you understand what you are reading. You should also look up any words you don’t understand in your reading.
- Practice your times tables – there are lots of online games you could play to do this: