Year 8 Information
- 12th - 23rd November - Year 8 SEN Individual Provision Map reviews and meetings
- 18th December 2018 - Introduction letter to parents
- 7th January 2019 - Introduction to Options Process assembly
- 8th - 18th January 2019 - Subject specific assemblies from each Curriculum Leader
- 10th January 2019 - Parent invitation to Options Evening plus information on how to make online options selections
- 21st January 2019 - Tutor time and Options and Careers Programme commences
- 24th January 2019 - Year 8 Options Evening 17.00 to 19.00
- 15th February 2019 - Students to make final options choices
- February/March 2019 - One to one meetings with every student regarding option choices
- 7th March 2019 - Year 8 Parents Evening 17.00 to 20.00
- w/c 01/04/19 - Final option choices confirmed by letter
"Year 8 presents an exciting opportunity for our students to consolidate their learning and make successful well informed options choices. This year the options process will commence with the undertaking of curriculum assemblies presented by subject leaders, this will offer our student’s insight into the expectations and topics covered in each subject area. Our Options evening planned for the 24thJanuary 2019 will offer both students and their families an opportunity to gain further information and support with the process.
I am very much looking forward to working with Year 8, having previously worked with them over the extended transition period, July 2017. I am particularly keen to support them through the coming year with the challenges selecting options can present".
Year 8 Pastoral Support
Mrs L Smith
Year 8 Form Tutors
- Nobel 1 – Mr D Anandavasagar
- Nobel 2 – Miss M O’Loughlin
- Nobel 3 – Miss P Palagina
- Faraday 1 – Miss M De Alwis
- Faraday 2 – Miss P Sharma
- Faraday 3 – Miss I Molina
- Faraday 4 – Mr T Rolin
- Franklin 1 – Mr C Hallam
- Franklin 2 – Mr P Lant
- Franklin 3 – Miss L Henry-Cross
This year the options process will be undertaken via an on-line portal. Parents and carers will be able to access letters and information here as it becomes available.
Logon Process for Students and Parents
Click on image to see full presentation.
Click on link below to donwload the KS4 Options Booklet 2019.