Black History Month Events
AVA will celebrate Black History Month in October with a series of events aimed at celebrating the too-often unheralded accomplishments of black Britons throughout history.
Posters celebrating influential figures are being displayed across the school, Black History Month assemblies, Caribbean food served in the Atrium on Tuesday 4th and Tuesday 18th October (menu below), and a Form Quiz.
The showpiece events of the month will be two screenings of Hidden Figures in the Main Hall on Monday 10th October and Monday 17th October from 3pm – 4.30pm. This is a free event for our students.
And the Art department wants all pupils to get involved by creating a piece of artwork inspired by BHM (for full details click here).
Menu information for Black History Month
4th October 2022
- Meat option - Jerk chicken with coconut rice and peas
- Veg option - Reggae-Reggae Nachos
- Pudding - Jamaican ginger and caramel cake
18th October 2022
- Meat option - Mango chicken curry served with rice
- Veg option - BBQ Mac Cheese
- Pudding - Coconut muffins