We believe that every child and young person at the Aylesbury Vale Academy, regardless of their background, ability or circumstances can thrive and succeed here.
We wish for our students to aspire to be the very best version of themselves, and we aim to develop their personalities, life skills and enable them to be fully equipped for life beyond school. We strive to do this through a broad, rich and ambitious personal development programme which enables our children and young people to:
- Thrive and succeed.
- Be respectful.
- Aspire to the very best that they can be.
- Show resilience in dealing with challenging situations.
- Make good choices that fulfill their ability to uphold fundamental British Values.
Personal development covers a wide range of areas but can be summarised as being delivered through the following:
At AVA we believe that learning goes far beyond the classroom, our enrichment opportunities programme is designed to deepen students understanding of the subjects they learn while allowing them the opportunity to try out new experiences.
- Click here for further information on our Primary Phase Enrichment opportunities
- Click here for further information on our Secondary Phase Enrichment opportunities
The Student Parliament is a student led leadership team responsible for student voice throughout the academy. They lead on important matters such as the school environment, charity events and supporting school events. The Student Parliament is currently working on 3 projects: AVA Litter Picking, AVA Paper Recycling, Eco-Schools Green Flag and will initiate Plastic Bottles recycling project soon.
Click here for further information on our Primary Phase Student Parliament
- Click here for further information on our Secondary Phase Student Parliament
The students at AVA are passionate about fundraising and regularly run charity events to raise money. Each year the Student Parliament select which charities we a charity to support and set aspirational targets to raise as much money as possible.
The Student Parliament lead on a range of events to include the whole school. Events have included cake sales, staff car washes, student film afternoons, Mufti days and craft sales.
PERSONAL, SOCIAL, HEALTH & ECONOMIC (PSHE) STUDIES
We believe Personal and Social Development plays a fundamental role in the education of the whole student and is at the very core of our school.
- Click here for further information on PSHE studies in our Primary Phase.
- Click here for further information on PSHE studies in our Secondary Phase