Job Title: Level 3 Apprentice
Responsible to: Preschool Manager
Salary: £ 4.30 per hour
Hours: Term time hours 8.00am-4.00pm
Place of Work: Aylesbury Vale Academy Preschool
Age eligibility: 18 years+
- To deliver a high standard of learning, development and care for children aged 2-4 years.
- To ensure that the preschool is a safe environment for children, staff and others.
- To developing partnerships with parents/carers to increase involvement in their child’s development.
- To be responsible for any tasks delegated by the Preschool Manager
- To complete all academic aspects of the apprenticeship
We are sponsored by the Oxford Diocese and have community facilities and a children’s centre on site. A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children is essential and we expect all our staff to share our desire to serve the people of Berryfields and to help build a community that enables our children and their families to be the very best they can be.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, welcoming and dedicated apprentice to train within our Preschool team.
To provide a safe, caring, stimulating educational environment, both indoors and outdoors, at all times.
- To deliver an appropriate play based Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum that enables children to make individual progress.
- To help ensure the preschool meets Ofsted requirements at all times.
- To understand and work to preschool policies and procedures, including how to deal with child protection issues appropriately and how to respond to incidents, accidents, complaints and emergencies
- To plan activities which ensure each child is working towards the early learning outcomes.
- To be a key person.
- To ensure records are properly maintained, e.g. daily attendance register, accident and incident book, risk assessments
- To liaise closely with parents/carers, informing them about the preschool and its curriculum, exchanging information about children’s progress and encouraging parents’ involvement.
- To work in partnership with senior management to update and review the self-evaluation and improvement plan.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed, in accordance with the preschool aims and objectives
Aylesbury Vale Academy Primary Phase is an oversubscribed school located in the heart of the Berryfields community. We educate children in all year groups from Preschool to Year 6 and then beyond into the Secondary Phase of the Academy. We are highly inspirational for our pupils and our distinctive, creative curriculum enables our pupils to make very good progress and highly attain.
This post provides:-
- High levels of support for someone new to role and those who have previous experience in a similar position.
- Opportunities to learn about ‘good practice’ in early years, building secure attachments with children to engage and scaffold them in their learning through play. First Aid and regular safeguarding training
- The opportunity to work in an ‘All Through’ setting.
- A commitment to professional development and scope for career progression in an all through setting and as new roles emerge.
- A pleasant working environment with high quality resources, working within a supportive and collaborative team; a state of the art gym available for staff use and a five minute walk to a direct rail link to London Marylebone (40 minutes).
If you love working with very important little people, you are caring, team-orientated, organised and resilient, with high expectations for children’s achievement, if you believe in working together to make a real difference for the next generation, if you are looking for a new challenge and want to be part of something special, then we would love to meet you and find out more about you.
This page is currently awaiting content