Welcome to The Aylesbury Vale Academy.
This is a school where we aim to go beyond the expected to ensure that students' life chances are enhanced.
We are proud of our non-selective, fully inclusive status and believe that children and young people, regardless of their background, ability or circumstances can thrive and succeed here. That is why we place respect, aspiration and resilience at the heart of everything we do.
As a large all-through school, we can offer learners an ambitious range of opportunities in and beyond the classroom. We place significant importance on academic excellence through high expectations but value, just as highly, the wide range of experiences learners can access. It is this balance which helps to ensure that learners are fully rounded individuals who can make a positive contribution to society.
To improve the life chances of all the learners we serve at AVA we will:
- Ensure our teaching and all our work with young people is grounded in high expectations so that learners achieve exceptionally well.
- Deliver a broad, ambitious and rich curriculum, going beyond the expected.
- Close all gaps between the performance of different groups of learners.
- Empower learners by developing their character so that they are resilient, aspirational, respectful and have excellent attitudes to their learning.
- Inspire attendance to be consistently above the national average.
Mr Gavin Gibson, Academy Principal