TEACHER OF SCIENCE
- Salary: MPS/UPS + TLR plus £1,250 recruitment bonus for direct applications
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Hours: Full-time
- Start Date: February or sooner
- Closing: 30 November 2022
We are offering a significant TLR 2 for the right candidate. A unique opportunity to lead on strategic and operational goals within the Science department. You will work with a team of highly dedicated staff in a department with wellbeing and aspiration as core values.
We are a highly supportive school with strong subject leadership to help you develop. We are looking for a highly ambitious, committed and dynamic professional to join our Science department; someone who is passionate about their subject, communicates well with young people and makes a positive impact on their learning. The Science department comprises of 12 full-time Science teachers including a curriculum Leader who is also a member of the Senior Leadership Team, a Vice Principal and two Science Technicians. The job would suit an ECT or a more experienced teacher. We work collaboratively to support each other both
with the demands of our work and our wellbeing.
The successful applicant will have a passion about learning, have strong inter-personal skills, be resilient, be an excellent teacher and have great subject knowledge including experience of a number of GCSE specifications. They will be able to deliver Science up to KS4 and deliver both GCSE Combined Science and at least one of the three separate Science GCSEs.
We will offer you:
- Priority admissions for school staff
- 10% discount on pre-school places
- 10% discount on Primary wraparound care
- 25% discount on the use of the Lettings facilities (sport pitches, sports hall, drama studios, Community suite, party rooms)
- State of the art gym for staff use
- Access to Teacher Pension Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Free employee assistant programme - 24/7 phone line for free emotional, bereavement and financial concerns
- Discount at a local coffee shop
- Free hot drinks in staff room. We love our Wellbeing Wednesdays, where we offer free pastries/cookies to all staff!
- Financial support with any self directed CPD such as MAs.
- Large free car park
- Five minutes' walk to the train station (direct train to London Marylebone in 40 minutes) 30 minutes to Bicester shopping village
Quotations from the Ofsted visit in January 2019:
- “Outcomes have improved because of strong subject leadership.”
- “The behaviour of pupils is good. There is an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect across the school. Pupils’ conduct is calm and orderly.”
- “Staff morale is high. They believe that leaders and governors take staff members’ well-being and workload into account and they feel well supported by the school.”
- “Staff new to the school feel very well supported by their more experienced colleagues and the packages of training and support on offer.”
- “Comprehensive induction and training programmes offered by senior leaders and the link advisor ensure that they very quickly establish themselves in their posts.”
- “Pupils show a well-developed understanding and tolerance for others who are
- different from them. Tolerance and diversity are promoted well at Aylesbury Vale Academy.”
CVs will not be accepted unless they accompany a completed application form which can be downloaded from the Academy website.
Prospective candidates are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible as the school reserves the right to close the advert should we feel able to appoint an appropriate candidate.
For further information, contact Mrs E Perrin, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children will be reflected throughout the recruitment process and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.