The AVA PTA
Please note: As from the 1st September 2019, FoBS will be called The AVA PTA, - a new 'whole school' initiative.
The AVA PTA (formerly FoBS)
Welcome to the PTA section of our website. The AVA PTA is very active and raises thousands of pounds every year to enhance the education of the children at the school. The PTA is a way for parents and carers of children in the academy to come together and help support the work of the school.
We're a friendly, welcoming group and all parents are automatically members. Please come along to a meeting or speak to a committee member if you'd like to find out more, alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ve run a number of fun events throughout this year for the children and their families.
- Dad’s Daisies
- Quiz Night
- Pamper Evening
- Mothers Day Craft
- Easter Film Event
- Grandparents Day
- Dads and Donuts
Our fundraising efforts so far have helped to minimise the costs for many school trips and activities including:
- Year 5 & 6 Residential - £1400
- Green Park Residential - £300
- Long Crendon Farm visit - £370
- Birmingham Sealife - £1050
- Thursday 12th September, 7.30pm - School Disco planning meeting
- Wednesday 9th October, 3pm - 7.30pm - School Disco (help required)
- Tuesday 15th October, 7.30pm - Christmas Fair planning meeting
- Wednesday 20th November, 7.30pm - Christmas Fair planning meeting
- Friday 29th November, 4.00pm onwards – Setting up the Christmas Fair
- Saturday 30th November, 9am – 4pm - Christmas Fair (set up/tidy up)
If helping serve refreshments, we are afraid that you cannot have younger children with you due to health and safety. A chair will be reserved for helpers in the front row so you will be guaranteed a good seat.
- Wednesday 4th December - Nursery Nativity (PM) – serving refreshments
- Thursday 5th December - Nursery Nativity (AM) – serving refreshments
- Friday 6th December - Reception Nativity – serving refreshment
- Wednesday 11th December, 9.30am - KS1 Nativity – serving refreshments
- Wednesday 11th December, 6pm - Carol Concert – serving refreshments
- Thursday 12th December, 9.30am - KS1 Nativity – serving refreshments
- Thursday 12th December, 6pm - Christingle Service – serving refreshments
- Thursday 19th December, 7.30pm - End of Year Drinks
- Thursday 23rd January 7.30pm - School Disco planning meeting
- Wednesday 5th February, 3pm - 7.30pm - KS1 & KS2 School Disco's (help required)
- Wednesday 26th February - AGM new committee voted in (all attend)
- Tuesday 10th March, 7.30pm - Quiz Night planning meeting
- Friday 27th March, 7pm-10pm - Quiz Night (help required - set-up from 6.30pm)
- Thursday 23rd April, 7.30pm -School Disco/Grandparents Day planning meeting
- Friday 1st May, 2pm - Grandparents afternoon (serving refreshments from 1pm)
- Wednesday 6th May, 3pm - 7.30pm - KS1 & KS2 School Disco's (help required)
- Wednesday 3rd June, 7.30pm - Bingo event planning meeting
- Friday 19th June, 7pm - 10.30pm - Adults Bingo Event (helpers required to set up from 6.30pm)
- Thursday 25th June - New Parents Meeting (helpers needed to serve refreshments and run crèche).
- Friday 3rd July - Setting up the Summer Fair/Gazebos (help required)
- Saturday 4th July, AVA Summer Fair (Setting up/Running/Tidying up the from 9am)
- Charlotte James, Chairperson
- Laura Jennings, Treasurer
- Caroline Mcnamara, Secretary
- Kat Upton, Elected Committee Member
- Alison Benson, Elected Committee Member
- Emma Scanlan, Elected Committee Member
- Laura Sarnowski, Elected Committee Member
We aim to hold a meeting monthly, and would love to see some new faces! Come along to see what goes on and if you can make a contribution, however big or small.
Upcoming PTA Meetings 2019 - 2020
Wednesday 26th February 2020 - AGM (all welcome)