YEAR 4 HOME LEARNING
WEDNESDAY 30 NOVEMBER 2022
Please find below a list of three activities to keep you busy today. All three tasks are linked to our current learning and we hope you find them enjoyable to do.
Imagine you are spending a day with Queen Boudicca. Write a diary entry or story about your day. You might want to include:
- Who are you? Are you one of her daughters? A slave? A farmer?
- What was Boudicca like? What did she look like? What was she like as a person? Were you afraid of her? If so, why?
- What was life in her village like? What were the homes like?
- Were you asked to do a job? What was it? Did you enjoy doing it?
- Did you have a visit from the Romans? What did they look like? How did they behave?
- What did you do in the evening? Sit around a camp fire? Tell stories and sing songs?
At the moment we are looking at our time tables up to 12 x 12 and the corresponding division facts. Find an interesting way to display one of the following times tables (6’s, 7’s, 8’s, 9’s, 12’s):
- Use flaps / pop-ups to hide the answers
- Make up a rhyme for each table fact e.g. Mr Johnson likes watching Doctor Who 6 x 7 = 42
- Present the times table in Roman numerals
- Turn a times table into a song or rap
- Create a code for the times table
- Create a colouring sheet with the answers to different times tables representing a particular colour e.g. all tables that equal 42 need to be coloured red (think colour by numbers)
In topic at the moment we are making Roman shields, using the Internet or books, research some facts about Roman shields.
You could include:
- Pictures of different designs, explain what the different parts of the design mean e.g. red = the god Mars, lightning bolts = the god Jupiter
- How were the shields used in battle (e.g. tortoise)?
- What were the shields made from?
- How did they compare with the shields of their enemies e.g. Celts, Ancient Greeks and the various Germanic tribes?