We have a free flow unit for 2–4 year-olds, open to 15-hour funded places, Am and Pm and 30-hour, funded places. We can also take 15-hours paid top up or 30-hour privately funded children. There is a maximum of 48 in the morning and afternoon.
We offer a breakfast club and lunch club, that parents can book and pay for through the new school gateway app - School Gateway.
Children have a fruit and carb snack available to them in the morning and afternoon, along with milk and water.
Early Years Education
Our Environment - Indoors
- We have 2 well-equipped classrooms, both with good-sized, attached bathrooms for the children with 3 cubicles in each one. We also have a purpose-built changing table room, for those still in nappies or pull-ups.
- Personal care and hygiene are high on our agenda, ensuring children are supported and encouraged to become independent in their own care.
- We have an environment, designed for the cohort of children we have; and we extend their play through adults scaffolding their chosen play, communication, invitations to play and following the children’s interests.
- We use authentic resources within our setting, which the children incorporate naturally within their play.
- We encourage curiosity and carefully plan for different children’s fascinations, alongside our broad themes across the year.
- The preschool classrooms-
- Home corner role play
- Cosy reading nooks
- Maths zone
- Message centre
- Malleable area
- Creative area
- Small world
- Large carpet areas
- Loose parts
- Sensory tray
- Sand and water area
- Sensory tent
Our Environment - Outdoors
- In our preschool garden, we have a continuation of our provision with lots of gross motor opportunities, including using the pirate ship and bikes, climbing, a new mud kitchen, messy play, looking at nature and changing seasons in our nature area, growing our own vegetables and exploration and investigations based on their interests.
- The children love to watch and chat with their friends and siblings across the fence, a huge step in becoming part of the AVA community.
- The mud kitchen
- Sand and water play
- The tree stage
- Three bears house
- Seesaw and physical development area
- Art zone
- Mark making
- Nature area
- Pirate ship
- Riding on bikes
We love to join in with the other year groups, with event days, celebrations and reading partnerships.
We are proud of the provision we offer.