Parents can download the Academy's Uniform Policy here.
The Academy Uniform
- Navy blazer with AVA logo.
- Grey v-neck sweater with AVA logo.
- AVA tie
- Plain white shirt*
- Black skirt – knee length*
- Black smart trousers*
- Black shoes*
* Purchase separately
- Navy sports polo with Aylesbury Vale Academy logo
- AVA or plain navy tracksuit bottoms/navy shorts/navy skorts
- AVA or plain navy rain jacket/jumper/fleece
- Suitable trainers
Please note that leggings on their own, hoodies and coats are not to be worn during any PE lessons
Optional Year 9-11 Health & Fitness, GCSE PE BTEC Sports Students only.
Climacool T-Shirt Blue: Year 9-11 GCSE PE students only
Climacool T-Shirt Green: Year 12-13 BTEC Sport students only
Climacool T-Shirt Red: Year 9-11 Health and Fitness students only
- Skirts must be below the knee
- Hijab must be plain white – no embroidery
- Trousers must be of smart appearance, no tight-fitting trousers
Post 16 students will be required to wear business wear. Male students will be expected to wear ties.
Please be aware there will be no compromise on the uniform. Ties are to be worn at all times and if any item of clothing is incorrect, children will be sent home to get the correct item. Parents/carers are asked for their unwavering support in transforming standards at every level.
Summer uniform remains the same as winter.
Uniform can be purchased at:
PL School Wear
The Print Lab
Unit 56 Edison Road
Tel: 01296 488000
Call to order.
Bundle deals available.
We welcome the opportunity to receive back any items that you feel can be donated to families.
Every student is expected to provide the following basic items of equipment for every lesson:
- Black or blue ball point pen (and a spare!)
- Pencil eraser
- Pencil sharpener
- Coloured pencils/Fine fibre tips
- Pair of compasses
- Scientific calculator
- Ruler 12”/30 cm
- Set square
- Student Planner
- Rough notebook/Jotter
- Appropriate Academy bag (big enough to hold P.E. kit and Academy books)
Tippex/Liquid paper is not allowed in the Academy and must not be used on any Academy work.
In Food Technology students are expected to provide ingredients and materials from home if they intend to keep their finished products.
Text books and specialised equipment may be issued on loan and students will be required to pay for any loss or damage to Academy property.
Any student found with inappropriate equipment may have it removed and parents / carers will be required to make an appointment with a staff member to arrange collection.